fbpx

What is the Paleo Diet and How is it Different from Keto?

• THE LOW CARB LOWDOWN •

How did people eat millions of years ago before we had factories to process and package food to be easily accessible for purchase from a store? Many people have heard of the Paleo diet as a way to get back to eating how humans ate when they first roamed the earth. But what is the purpose of this diet, who is it for, and what can you do to be successful?

The Paleo diet, short for Paleolithic diet, is based on what human hunter-gatherers ate before modern civilizations started mass-producing food. Back then we didn’t have access to the processing or technology that is used to make many of the processed foods we eat today. So the focus is on whole foods, exactly the way they appear in nature.

The idea is that hunter-gatherers had lower rates of lifestyle diseases like obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and more. Between eating only whole foods and leading a physically active lifestyle, it’s hypothesized that we can go back to that way of eating in order to improve our health and avoid lifestyle diseases that are increasing at alarming rates. Read more here >>

Many people assume that following a paleo diet means giving up all their favorite sweet treats, but this is not the case. With a bit of creativity and some quick substitutions, it’s easy to enjoy delicious sweets and treats while still adhering to the principles of the paleo diet.

Paleo desserts have become increasingly popular in recent years, especially for those following a paleo diet or looking for healthier alternatives to traditional desserts. These desserts are typically made with natural, whole-food ingredients and are free from refined sugars and processed ingredients. LC Foods fills the bill, offering sweet treats that have NO JUNK! Explore the many options available here >>

“I just received my order today for these and had to try it immediately. Not only do they look scrumptious (they’re huge) but they tasted like the best cookie I have ever eaten. I can’t believe anything that good is only 1.5 carbs. Next time I am going to microwave it so the chips will be softer. Way to go LC Foods. Y’all are the best.” ~ Kris

• Higher protein intake
  • Higher potassium and lower sodium intake
  • Higher fiber absorption
  • Lower carbs
  • Moderate to higher fat intake, balancing Omega-3 and Omega-6 fats
  • Higher intake of antioxidants, minerals and vitamins

When you eat healthy, you live longer. Even though our ancestors didn’t live as long as we do, they also didn’t eat meat found in modern grain-fed animals or have access to every manufactured food product that we pull off the supermarket shelves.

So, eat healthy just like your ancient ancestors did. The Paleo Diet works with your genetics to help you take the weight off. By shedding those extra pounds, you will feel younger, more energetic and stronger.

LC Foods is your one-stop shop for all things low carb, keto, paleo, and diabetic-friendly. Whether you’re looking for low carb snacks, breads, desserts, or even low carb pasta like Keto noodles and low carb noodles, we have it all. With a wide variety of products and recipes, you can easily find something that fits your diet needs.