Are you working towards a healthier you? It may be a good idea to reduce sugar in your diet. The American diet is often high in sugar, which can have negative health consequences. This is due to the widespread consumption of processed foods, sugary drinks, and added sugars in various food items. However, there are many ways to reduce your sugar intake and improve your overall health. By taking small steps to reduce your sugar consumption, you can improve your overall health and well-being. Check out these 10 easy tips for reducing sugar in your diet!
10 Ways to Reduce Sugar in Your Diet
- Know the many names of sugar. There are over 50 different terms used for ‘sugar’ on nutrition labels! Check out this list to familiarize yourself
- Read labels when you shop. Added sugar is often hiding in items you might not expect. That’s why you need to be familiar with the many terms used for sugar. Be aware of added sugar in condiments and sauces.
- Eat a diet rich in whole foods. Added sugar is commonly found in packaged and processed foods. Naturally occurring sugar is better for you, although it should be consumed in moderation.
- Use low carb sweetener alternatives in your home baking and cooking. Check out LC Foods variety of erythritol and inulin-based sweeteners. You can use these sweeteners in a 1:1 ratio to replace sugar in your favorite recipes.
- Drink flavored seltzer and sparkling water instead of soda. It is no myth that soda contains a ton of sugar. Cutting soda from your diet has many health benefits. Luckily, sparkling water has become extremely popular in recent years. Thus there are many options available ranging in price. Don’t forget to check the label to see if any sweetener is added.
- Get more sleep! Research shows that when you’re tired, you’re more likely to reach for caffeinated or sugary snacks. Getting enough sleep (7-9 hours per night) will help eliminate those sweet cravings. Sleep deprivation can also affect the hormones that control feelings of hunger and fullness and can trigger insulin release.
- Opt for unflavored dairy products. When consuming dairy products like milk, cream cheese, and yogurt, reach for the unflavored versions to ensure you’re eating the lowest sugar version. You can add fresh, whole fruit to yogurt to add some sweetness.
- Adopt a low carb or ketogenic lifestyle. LC Foods has a variety of sugar-free products available that taste great and help you feel great too! We use a blend of natural, low carb sweeteners for the best-tasting low-carb products around. Shop a variety of sugar-free, high-protein, low carb items, including donuts, bread and bagels, snacks, baking mixes, fruit preserves, and more.
- Make your coffee at home, or order the “skinny” version. Coffee shops often add sugary syrups to their lattes and iced coffee creations. Making coffee drinks at home is a great way to control the amount of sugar in your beverage. It also saves you money!
- Drink more water. Often, when we are mindlessly snacking, it is because we are thirsty, and what our body really needs is water. Drinking enough water will keep you feeling full and satisfied, eliminating the need for excess snacking that adds more sugar to your diet.
Benefits of Reducing Sugar in Your Diet
Reducing the amount of sugar in your diet has numerous health benefits. By cutting back on sugar, you can decrease your risk of developing type 2 diabetes. This is because excessive sugar intake can lead to insulin resistance, which is a significant factor in the development of this chronic disease. Reducing your sugar intake can also help curb your overall sugar cravings, which can lead to overeating and weight gain. Furthermore, reducing sugar in your diet can give you more energy by providing a more stable fuel source for your body. Instead of relying on sugar for quick bursts of energy, you can switch to more nutrient-dense foods that provide sustained energy throughout the day.
The LC Foods Legacy
LC Foods products are made with no junk ingredients, and are sugar-free, making them a perfect option for those following a low-carb, diabetic-friendly, ketogenic, or paleo diet. They are made with high-quality, wholesome ingredients free from harmful additives. This means you can enjoy delicious and nutritious food without compromising your health goals. Whether you are looking to control your blood sugar levels, maintain a low carb diet, or simply eat healthier, LC Foods has you covered. With our wide range of products, you can enjoy delicious meals and snacks that are both satisfying and good for you.