White Birthday Cake Recipe courtesy George Stella
Rachel has attempted many birthday cakes for our sons and myself over the years (and I’ve attempted one gigantic failure of a birthday cake for Rachel), but none of them have ever come close to this brand new recipe she came up with for a super moist white cake without using any flour or sugar.
prep time 15 mins / cook time 35 mins / chill time 2.5 hrs / serves 12
nonstick cooking spray
3⁄4 cup + 1 tablespoon LC-Natural Sweet® White sugar replacement
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
21⁄2 cups LC-Blanched Almond Meal
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/3 cup LC-Vanilla Frosting Mix, made as directed on package
1. Place oven rack in the center position and preheat to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray, and sprinkle 1 tablespoon LC-Natural Sweet® White sugar replacement around the bottom and edges.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add vanilla extract and 1⁄4 cup of tap water to the bowl and beat to combine.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the LC-Blanched Almond Meal, remaining 3⁄4 cup LC-Natural Sweet® White sugar replacement, and baking powder, then beat this dry ingredient mixture into the wet ingredient mixture until all are combined.
4. Pour the finished batter into the prepared cake pan and bake 30-35 minutes, or until center is firm and springy. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out mostly clean.
5. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before refrigerating for at least 2 hours. Turn pan upside down and shake to release cake. Frost with the LC-Vanilla Frosting Mix, cut into 12 slices and serve.
Variation | While you could double the recipe to make a two layer cake, almond flour is very filling and satisfying, so we simply cut the one layer of this recipe in half horizontally using a long bread knife to make two layers.
Note: | Nutrition facts for this recipe already include the amounts for the frosting.
calories: 220 | fat: 18g | protein: 9g | fiber: 3.5g | net carbs: 2g
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.