Are you beginning a low carb diet and don’t know where to start? Check out this list of foods to eat and which foods to avoid. When you need alternatives to your favorite high carb foods, check out the LC Foods Market for high-quality, great-tasting, low carb alternatives!
- Lean Meats: Chicken, Turkey, Pork, Beef, Bison
- Seafood: Fish, Shellfish, Canned Tuna
- Check for added sugar in things like bacon, jerky, hot dogs, sausage, etc.
- All vegetables!
- Avoid or minimize starchy vegetables, like potatoes, corn and peas
- Watch higher sugar vegetables like carrots, beets and onions
- Full-fat dairy*
- Plain Greek Yogurt
*Dairy products contain lactose, which is milk sugar. The higher the fat content, the lower the lactose.
Nuts and Seeds:
- Nut butters – Make sure there is no added sugar!
- Nut milks, unsweetened
- In moderation – many fruits are high in carbs
- Berries are the best choice
- Avoid bananas, pineapple, mango, grapes
- Check out Diet Doctor’s list of fruits and carb counts for a great resource!
© 2022 The LC Foods Team