Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- ½ lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp LC Tempura Batter Mix
- ⅓ cup + 2 tbsp ice cold water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cup coconut oil, for frying
- 1 red bell pepper, matchsticks
- 2 small carrot, matchsticks
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp LC White Sugar Sweeter, Erythritol
- 6-8 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 2 stalks green onion, sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 2 LC Soft Baked Sub Rolls
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
Sweet Chili Sauce:
- ¼ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- ¼ tsp LC Thick’n Saucy
- 1 tsp LC Brown Sugar Sweetener, Erythritol
- 1 tbsp garlic chili sauce
- Start by pickling the veggies. Fill a heat safe jar with the red bell pepper, carrot, and purple cabbage. Combine the rice vinegar, white vinegar, water, salt, and erythritol in a small saucepan, and heat until just boiled. Carefully pour over veggies. Let cool to room temp and refrigerate until use.
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients together in a small saucepan, and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- While the sauce simmers, prepare the tempura batter by using a whisk to combine the batter mix, water, and egg. Stir until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Spread coconut shreds out on a plate for rolling the shrimp in.
- Heat coconut oil up in a deep pan over med/med-high heat, or until temp reaches 350F.
- To fry the shrimp, start by dunking the shrimp into the tempura batter, then press them in the coconut shreds. Fry a few shrimps at a time without overcrowding the pan. Once golden brown, let drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Brush the melted butter over the top of the sub rolls and heat them briefly in a toaster oven or in the oven at 350F for 3-5 minutes.
- Cut open and spread the Sweet Chili Sauce on both halves. Layer in the vegetable fillings, and top with the tempura coconut shrimp. Serve immediately and enjoy!