Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- ½ lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp LC Tempura Batter Mix
- ⅓ cup + 2 tbsp ice cold water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cup coconut oil, for frying
- 1 red bell pepper, matchsticks
- 2 small carrot, matchsticks
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp LC White Sugar Sweeter, Erythritol
- 6-8 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 2 stalks green onion, sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 2 LC Soft Baked Sub Rolls
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
Sweet Chili Sauce:
- ¼ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- ¼ tsp LC Thick’n Saucy
- 1 tsp LC Brown Sugar Sweetener, Erythritol
- 1 tbsp garlic chili sauce
- Start by pickling the veggies. Fill a heat safe jar with the red bell pepper, carrot, and purple cabbage. Combine the rice vinegar, white vinegar, water, salt, and erythritol in a small saucepan, and heat until just boiled. Carefully pour over veggies. Let cool to room temp and refrigerate until use.
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients together in a small saucepan, and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- While the sauce simmers, prepare the tempura batter by using a whisk to combine the batter mix, water, and egg. Stir until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Spread coconut shreds out on a plate for rolling the shrimp in.
- Heat coconut oil up in a deep pan over med/med-high heat, or until temp reaches 350F.
- To fry the shrimp, start by dunking the shrimp into the tempura batter, then press them in the coconut shreds. Fry a few shrimps at a time without overcrowding the pan. Once golden brown, let drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Brush the melted butter over the top of the sub rolls and heat them briefly in a toaster oven or in the oven at 350F for 3-5 minutes.
- Cut open and spread the Sweet Chili Sauce on both halves. Layer in the vegetable fillings, and top with the tempura coconut shrimp. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Try this wonderful recipe from LC Foods and let us know what you think!