Enjoy this deliciously creamy soup on a cold day or anytime you're looking for a filling, tasty meal!
Creamy Mushroom Soup
Author: LC Foods
Recipe type: Soup, Appetizer, Entree
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 package (4 ounces) gourmet blend mushrooms, rinsed and chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, rinsed and chopped
- 1 large onion (yellow or sweet), chopped
- 4 cups (32 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (more or less to taste)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon Thick 'n Saucy
- Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium-high heat, add mushrooms and onions, and cook until tender, 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently. Set aside a few mushroom pieces for garnish, if desired.
- Stir in vegetable broth, thyme and salt and pepper.
- Transfer soup in batches to a food processor or blender, and puree until soup is smooth.
- Return soup to pot, and stir in cream. Whisk in LC-Thick n’Saucy and heat through.
- Serve in bowls, garnished with reserved mushrooms and/or sprinkle with some additional dried thyme