- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 cloves garlic – finely minced
- 28 ounce can San Marzano crushed tomatoes (no added sugar)
- ¾ cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Low Carb White Sugar Sweetener-Inulin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup very finely minced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup LC Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Turn your instant pot to the saute function. Add the olive oil and once it’s hot, saute the onion for about 2 minutes until it’s softened. Stir in the garlic and saute for about another 30 seconds. Then press cancel to turn the instant pot off.
- Add the crushed tomatoes to the instant pot, along with the water, oregano, basil, LC White Sugar Sweetener Inulin, salt and pepper. Stir everything together, scraping the bottom for any bits that are stuck.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the ground beef (or ground turkey), water, egg, onion, garlic, LC Seasoned Bread Crumbs, Parmesan cheese and seasonings.
- Using your hands, mix the meatball mixture until just combined. If you overmix the meatballs, they can become a little tough.
- Shape the mixture into balls, about 1-1/2 inches and add them to the sauce in your instant pot.
- After all the meatballs are in the sauce, put the lid on the instant pot and seal the lid. Make sure the vent is in the sealing position.
- Set the instant pot to manual high for 9 minutes. The timer will start counting down after it has reached pressure.
- While the meatballs and sauce are cooking, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. After the water is boiling, add the desired amount of LC Thin Spaghetti Pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the pasta in a colander.
- When the cook time ends, let the instant pot release naturally for 5 minutes. After the 5 minute natural release, carefully turn the steam release valve to the venting position.
- When all of the steam has escaped, open the instant pot lid. Using an instant read meat thermometer, check to be sure the meatballs are at least 165 degrees in the center.
- Stir the sauce and the meatballs gently so the meatballs don’t break.
- Serve over prepared Low Carb Thin Spaghetti Pasta.
Note: The buttons and functions on electric pressure cookers may vary. Please refer to the instructions for your particular pressure cooker for any recipe method discrepancies.
All LC Foods products have full nutritional detail on their labels and website. Total carb counts for a full recipe will vary and depend on the other ingredients used. Please refer to free apps, such as My Fitness Pal, My Net Diary or Carb Manager, to calculate nutritional information.