A sweet and savory treat to share with your Valentine or to enjoy anytime!
- 1 package Bacon (make sure it has no added sugar)
- 1/2 cup Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Wafers
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Cut each strip of bacon in half
- Place two halves of bacon on the baking sheet in a 'V' shape, then fold over the tops to make a heart shape (see image below)
- Repeat until you have used all bacon strips
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, the halves will stick together forming a heart!
- Transfer to plate lined with paper towels and let cool
- In the meantime, place Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Wafers in a microwave safe bowl with the coconut oil
- Microwave on 50% power in 30-second intervals until melted
- Dip the bottom half of the cooled bacon hearts in the chocolate (use a spoon if you want more coverage)
- Place chocolate dipped bacon hearts on a plate lined with parchment paper
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt
- Chill in the refrigerator until set
- Share and enjoy!