Submitted by Elaine M., Miamisburg, OH
- 1 package Low Carb Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Low Carb White Sugar Sweetener - Erythritol
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Prepare Low Carb Chocolate Cake Mix according to package directions.
- While cake is in the oven, prepare the topping.
- Combine heavy cream, Low Carb White Sugar Sweetener - Erythritol, butter, egg yolks and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir often, until bubbly and thickened or 170°, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract, coconut and pecans. Mix. Allow to cool.
- When cake is ready and topping is cool enough, spread topping on cake.
- Slice and enjoy!
- Elaine recommends pairing it with a citrus tea.
Try this wonderful recipe from LC Foods and let us know what you think!