Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Servings: 12 cake pops
- LC Foods Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 tablespoons low carb sour cream
- 1 tablespoon water, room temp
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
- 2 cup LC Foods dark chocolate wafer discs
- Crushed sugar free candy canes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and coat a 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, place the entire package of the LC Chocolate Cake Mix and add eggs, butter, vanilla, peppermint, sour cream, water, and espresso powder and mix thoroughly, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350°F for 23 minutes or until the top springs back and the knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in the pan before turning out onto the cooling rack.
- Once cooled, break the cake apart in a large bowl. Add melted coconut butter and mash well into crumbs.
- Portion and divide cake pops using a 1/4 cup cookie scoop. Using your hands, make the cake pops as even and smooth as you can. Place them on a baking sheet or tray and add a cake pop or lollipop stick to the center of each.
- Place the tray in the freezer for 20-30 minutes until they are firm and their shape holds together.
- Melt chocolate wafers in a small bowl over a double boiler.
- Remove cake pops from the freezer. Dip and coat each pop in chocolate and place stick side down in a wide cup or pan of rice. Sprinkle crushed peppermints. Place the cake pops back in the refrigerator and allow chocolate to harden completely.