Low Carb Alfredo (Mornay) Sauce
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 ¼ cup water
- ½ yellow onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 whole cloves
- Nutmeg, to taste
- 2-3 tsp LC Thick’n Saucy
- 4 oz gruyere, grated
- 1 oz parmesan, grated
- Heavy cream, as needed
- 2 oz butter
- Salt & white pepper, to taste
- Use the whole cloves as tacks to attach the bay leaves to the cut side of the onion.
- Place onion piquet into a saucepan with the heavy cream and water and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the onion piquet, add the nutmeg, and continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add 2 tsp Thick’n Saucy and simmer for 10 minutes. If the sauce isn’t thick enough, add more Thick’n Saucy ½ tsp at a time. Allow 10 minutes for sauce to thicken.
- When preferred thickness is achieved, strain sauce through a sieve with cheesecloth and return to the saucepan.
- Whisk in the gruyere and parmesan until smooth. Thin consistency, if needed, with hot heavy cream.
- Remove sauce from heat and swirl the butter in. Season with salt and white pepper.
- Serve hot with LC Fettuccine Noodles as Fettuccine Alfredo!