Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 package LC Pie Crust Mix
- ½ cup unsalted butter, frozen
- 6 tbsp shortening, frozen
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp water
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp LC No Sugar Added Cranberry Preserves
- 2 tbsp stone ground mustard
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 oz deli ham, diced
- 3 oz brie cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Start by preparing the LC Pie Crust according to package instructions. Reserve a few tbsp of the dry mix. Split dough in two, roll out both halves into a rectangular shape, and place them on lined sheet pans. Refrigerate both pie crusts for 1 hour.
- Whisk eggs with heavy cream, and scramble lightly so as not to fully cook them. Combine with the diced ham, and set aside.
- Combine the cranberry preserves, mustard, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- On a surface dusted with the reserved pie crust mix, bring out one pie crust, roll out a bit then cut four 4" inch circles and place on parchment paper.
- Gather up remaining dough, roll out and cut 4 more 4" circles and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Place a little heaping teaspoon of cranberry mustard mixture in the centers of half the dough circles. Spread into a half dollar sized circle.
- Using your hands, form small pieces of brie into circles a little smaller than the cranberry mixture, and place on top.
- Place 2-3 tbsp ham/egg mix on top, sprinkle with a little fresh thyme, and leave a 1/4" edge around the crust.
- Beat an egg with one tablespoon of water. Brush egg wash around 1/4" of dough bottom and place another 4" circle of dough on top.
- Use your fingers to pinch edges together, and use a fork to press and seal the edges.
- Cut a small X in the center of the top crust and brush the pies with the egg wash.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes turning the baking sheet half way through. If the tops begin to brown too much, cover with aluminum foil for remaining bake time.
- Remove from the oven and let pies cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Try this wonderful recipe from LC Foods and let us know what you think!