Low Carb Chicken Marsala with Garlic Breadsticks
- Combine marsala wine and chicken broth in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until reduced to about 1 cup. This will take about 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, slice the chicken breasts the long way to make 4 thinly sliced breasts. If necessary, pound them between two sheets of parchment paper to an even thickness.
- Dredge the chicken breasts into the Low Carb White Bread Flour.
- In a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp olive oil. Sear the chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes per side, until fully cooked.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Reduce the heat on the skillet to medium and add the remaining butter and olive oil. Sautè the mushrooms until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Add in the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the reduced marsala wine, thyme and oregano to the cast iron skillet. Scrape up the browned bits and bring the sauce to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 Tbsp chicken broth with the LC Thick’n Saucy. Add this to the simmering sauce and stir until thickened.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add in the heavy cream. Season with extra salt and pepper. Add the chicken back to the pan and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Enjoy this delicious meal with warm Low Carb Garlic Breadsticks!