Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-2 inch chunks
- 3 tbsp hungarian paprika
- 2 tsp cayenne
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 yellow onions, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups beef broth
- 12 oz tomato sauce
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 tsp LC Thick’n Saucy
- 4 oz full fat sour cream
- 12 oz LC Egg Noodle Pasta
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley, garnish
- Dry beef chunks with a paper towel, and coat them in a mixture of the paprika, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onions, carrots, and bell pepper, and saute until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, salt and pepper, and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from the pan.
- Add more oil if needed, and place beef in the pot. Cook until the beef browns, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add cooked veggies,stock, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, caraway seeds, and Thick’n Saucy to the pot, and stir. Cover with a lid and let simmer until the meat is very tender, about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the sour cream, and turn off the heat.
- Towards the end of the goulash’s simmering time, boil water for the noodles. Cook them at a low boil for 3-4 minutes, or al dente. Drain, and set into bowls for serving.
- Serve the goulash over the noodles, and garnish with parsley. Enjoy!