Enjoy freshly picked strawberries with low carb classic country biscuits and whipped cream, for a delightful summertime treat!
- 3 cups strawberries, washed and quartered
- 6 Low Carb Classic Country Biscuits
- 1/4 cup Low Carb White Sugar Sweetener with Erythritol
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp Low Carb White Sugar Sweetener with Erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Put the strawberries in a large bowl and sprinkle with the sweetener, cover and place in the refrigerator to allow the juices to release
- Prepare the whipped cream: mix heavy whipping cream, sweetener and vanilla extract with a hand mixer on medium-high speed until it reaches your desired thickness. Approximately 3 minutes.
- Warm the biscuits in the oven, then slice them open
- Layer 1/3 cup whipped cream and 1/2 cup prepared strawberries on top of 1 biscuit half. Top with the other biscuit half and enjoy!
Approximately 7 net carbs per strawberry shortcake
Try this wonderful recipe from LC Foods and let us know what you think!