Prep Time: 1 hour 20 min
Cook Time: 40 min
Total Time: 2 hours
LC Pie Crust
- 1 package LC Pie Crust Mix
- 8 oz (one stick) of butter frozen
- 6 Tablespoons shortening frozen
- 3 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon water
- 2 Tablespoon unsalted butter divided
- 3/4 cup yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 cups whitemushrooms sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons fresh thyme chopped
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon diced
- 1 cups gouda shredded
- 2 Egg Yolk
- 2 teaspoon Water
- Everything bagel seasoning for garnishing
- Make your LC Pie Crust according to bag instructions and roll out on a floured surface to 1/8" thickness. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- To make the filling, add 1 tablespoon butter and onions to a skillet and saute over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes or until mostly caramelized. Next add 1 tablespoon butter, mushrooms, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, and balsamic vinegar. Cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Stir in spinach and bacon while warm and remove from heat. Let cool and drain any excess juices.
- Whisk together the egg and water to make the egg wash.
- Pull out pie dough and cut into 5 inch circles (use a bowl or cookie cutter for shape).
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of filling onto one half of each circle and sprinkle with cheese. Leave 1/4 inch space of crust around the edge of the circle. Paint a little egg wash on the edge of dough to help when closing. Fold over the other half and press ends together with fingers.
- Lay each pocket onto a lined baking sheet. Using a small pastry brush, apply egg wash onto top and sides of pie. Sprinkle pies with everything bagel seasoning. Slice two small lines in the center with a knife.
- Bake at 425 F (218 C) on a parchment paper lined baking tray for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!
Try this wonderful recipe from LC Foods and let us know what you think!