Apple Cranberry Crumble
- Yield: 9 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Crust and crumble topping: 3 cups LC-Blanched Almond Meal Flour
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1 cup LC-Natural Sweet White
- 1–1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1–1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Dash sea salt
- Filling: 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup LC-Natural Sweet White
- 1 Granny Smith apple (or other variety)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine almond meal flour, butter, sweetener, cinnamon, molasses, vanilla and salt, and mix.
- Grease a 9-1/2 inch tart or pie pan.
- Using approximately 1 cup of the almond meal flour mixture, form a thin bottom crust with your hands or a spoon.
- In another bowl, combine cream cheese, eggs and sweetener. Mix with spoon or mixer at low speed.
- Pour into tart or pie pan.
- Core apple and slice into very thin sections. Arrange in circles around the edge of the cream cheese mixture, working inwards.
- Distribute cranberries over top, then sprinkle cinnamon over entire mixture.
- Gently layer remaining almond meal mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until topping is lightly browned.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.