Browned Butter Squash
- Category: Side Dish
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 1/2 cups butternut squash — diced
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini squash — diced
- 1/4 large onion — sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon LC-Natural Sweet Brown
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Have all of your ingredients nearby and ready to place in the pan.
- Place butter in large non-stick saute pan.
- Melt butter and continue to heat while swirling until butter just begins to turn brown. It can burn very quickly so you need to watch it closely.
- As soon as the butter is browned, dump in butternut squash, zucchini squash, and onion slices. Stir together.
- Sprinkle in the LC-Natural Sweet Brown, sage, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Stir all together well, coating all with the butter in the pan.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium low, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Uncover and stir.
- Cover and let cook about 5 minutes longer. Check for tenderness, cover and cook a couple minutes longer. About every 2 minutes or so stir, until vegetables are the tenderness you prefer. The time it takes will depend on how tender you like them. It took me around 15 min. altogether.
- When they are about done, uncover and let cook about 3 minutes on medium heat, to let them brown on the bottom.
- Pour out into a serving bowl.