Author: LC Foods Community
Recipe type: Breakfast, Brunch
- 1 cup LC-Coconut Flakes
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 12 drops LC-Natural Sweet Drops
- 2 cups LC-Cake Flour
- 1-1/4 cups LC-Natural Sweet White
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coconut flavoring
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- ⅓ cup oil (canola or extra light olive)
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- In a small bowl, combine the boiling water and the LC-Natural Sweet Drops.
- Pour over the coconut and mix until evenly moistened.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Move oven rack to the second from top position.
- Spray 12 muffin cups with non-stick spray or use muffin cup liners.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients including the sweetened coconut.
- In a medium bowl, combine the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients, reserving ¼ cup.
- Mix well with mixer or by hand. If the batter is too thick (or dry looking), add reserved ¼ cup wet ingredients, one tablespoon at a time until batter is neither too runny or too dry.
- Divide batter quickly and evenly among the 12 muffin cups using an ice cream scoop or large spoon.
- Bake for 15 minutes; tops will be slightly browned. A toothpick inserted in center of muffin should come out clean. Do not overbake. Check early and often.
- Remove from oven, let sit in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer muffins to cooling rack.
- Option: add ½ to ⅓ cup sugar free chocolate chips for a low carb Mounds candy bar muffin!