Garlic Parmesan Fried Eggplant
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup LC-Almond Flour
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup butter, coconut oil or other cooking oil
- Slice eggplant into 1/3 inch thick slices and arrange in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and let sit 30 minutes.
- Blot eggplant dry with a paper towel.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together almond flour, Parmesan, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 to 2 tbsp butter or oil over medium heat.
- Dip each slice of eggplant in egg, shaking off excess, then dredge in almond flour mixture and shake off excess.
- Working in batches, arrange eggplant slices in skillet and fry until coating is browned and crisp, a few minutes per side. Remove and let drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add more oil and more eggplant slices to the pan. You may need to do 3 or even 4 batches, depending on the size of your skillet.
- Each serving has 10 g of carbs and 4 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 6 g.