- 3 to 4 pound pork butt (boston butt)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon bacon grease (or any oil/butter you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup sugar free barbeque sauce
- LC Soft Baked Hamburger Rolls
- Pat the pork roast dry with paper towels.
- Cut the pork into large chunks and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put the insert into the instant pot and turn it to the saute function.
- Add the bacon grease to the instant pot insert and when it is melted, add half of the pork and brown it on both sides. Remove pork and repeat with the second batch. Don’t overcrowd for better browning.
- After you have finished browning all the pieces of pork, put them all back into the instant pot and sprinkle with the chili powder, cumin and garlic powder.
- Turn off the instant pot.
- Pour in the chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Set the instant pot to manual high for 45 minutes. The timer will start counting down after it has reached pressure.
- Once cooking is complete, let the pressure release naturally for 15 to 20 minutes, then manually release the rest of the pressure.
- Transfer the pork to a large cutting board or bowl. Shred with two forks.
- Add the BBQ sauce and toss to combine.
- Slice the LC Soft Baked Hamburger Rolls, (warm if desired) and top with the shredded pork and Low Carb Creamy Cole Slaw. Drizzle with a bit more sugar free barbeque sauce, if desired.
Note: The buttons and functions on electric pressure cookers may vary. Please refer to the instructions for your particular pressure cooker for any recipe method discrepancies.
All LC Foods products have full nutritional detail on their labels and website. Total carb counts for a full recipe will vary and depend on the other ingredients used. Please refer to free apps, such as My Fitness Pal, My Net Diary or Carb Manager, to calculate nutritional information.