- Category: Dessert
- 2 1⁄2 cups LC Foods Blanched Almond Meal (flour)
- 1 1⁄2 cups LC-Natural Sweet® White
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 7 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup whole butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: mixer and 9 x 5 inch loaf pan, bottom lined with parchment paper and sprayed with vegetable oil
- Place the rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix together the Blanched Almond Meal, LC-Natural Sweet® White, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl beat the eggs and set aside.
- With an electric mixer on high speed whip the butter and cream cheese. Add the vanilla, lemon juice and beaten eggs and blend until smooth; about 1 minute more.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients together and mix well. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until the top starts to become lightly golden brown and a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean, about 1 1⁄2 hours.
- Cool before removing from pan and slice into 6 thick pieces and then cut each slice in half to make 12 portions. Serve warm or cold
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.