Pound cake is usually made with a full pound of butter but when you use almonds you don’t need all that butter as the almonds provide good monounsaturated fats that keep the cake moist and delicious! Since the almonds are also taking the place of the white flour in this recipe you get double the benefits! With no added sugar, no flour and added good fats you can indulge in this classic cake without the classic guilt! ~George
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: mixer and 9 x 5 inch loaf pan, bottom lined with parchment paper and sprayed with vegetable oil
- Place the rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix together the Blanched Almond Meal, LC-Natural Sweet® White, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl beat the eggs and set aside.
- With an electric mixer on high speed whip the butter and cream cheese. Add the vanilla, lemon juice and beaten eggs and blend until smooth; about 1 minute more.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients together and mix well. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until the top starts to become lightly golden brown and a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean, about 1 1⁄2 hours.
- Cool before removing from pan and slice into 6 thick pieces and then cut each slice in half to make 12 portions. Serve warm or cold