Amish Sweet Bread
- Category: Brunch
- 2 cups warm water (110 degrees)
- 2/3 cup LC-Natural Sweet White
- 1–1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1–1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 cups LC-White Bread Flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water, then stir in the yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam.
- Mix salt and oil into the yeast.
- Mix in flour one cup at a time.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth (about 10 minutes).
- Use a Chicago bread pan or two large loaf pans.
- Divide the dough in two parts and shape into loaves.
- Place in your pan(s) and let rise about 1-1/2 hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack before removing from pan(s).
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.