Amish Sweet Bread
Author: Starla Yednak
Recipe type: Brunch
- In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water, then stir in the yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam.
- Mix salt and oil into the yeast.
- Mix in flour one cup at a time.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth (about 10 minutes).
- Use a Chicago bread pan or two large loaf pans.
- Divide the dough in two parts and shape into loaves.
- Place in your pan(s) and let rise about 1-1/2 hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack before removing from pan(s).