Beef Not Stroganoff
- Category: Entree
- 2–1/4 pounds steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- LC-Thick’n Saucy
- Cook onion for 3 minutes on medium heat, then add mushrooms and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until soft. Set aside.
- Cook the beef in small lots so it doesn’t stew. You just want to brown the beef.
- Remove beef and add stock, Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cream and sour cream, and whisk through.
- Add meat and mushroom/onion mixture back to pan. Simmer for 8 minutes.
- If you want to thicken your sauce, add some LC-Thick’n Saucy, 1 teaspoon at a time. Make sure after you add it you wait for 5 minutes and check thickness. It is not instant, and you don’t want to over thicken it.