- 2–1/4 cups LC-Cake Flour
- 3/4 cup LC-Natural Sweet White
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup oil (canola or extra light olive)
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 to 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (any type berry or chopped fruit works fine!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Move oven rack to second from top position.
- Spray 12 muffin cups with non-stick spray or use muffin cup liners.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine wet ingredients using 1/4 cup water. Mix well with mixer or by hand.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients.
- Mix well. If the mixture is too thick (barely moves or dry looking), add remaining 1/4 cup water, one tablespoon at a time until batter is neither runny or too dry.
- Add berries and fold in lightly.
- Divide the batter evenly into the muffin cups, using an ice cream scoop or large spoon.
- Add streusel topping if desired.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes; tops will be slightly browned. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Do not over-bake.
- Remove from oven, let sit in pan for five minutes and then transfer muffins to cooling rack