- Category: Side Dish
- 2 cups (220 grams or about ½ pound) fresh cranberries
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup LC-Natural Sweet White
- 2 to 3 tablespoons brandy or to taste
- A sprinkle of salt
- Wash cranberries and drain well, removing any stems and damaged or soft berries.
- Place the berries in a small heat-resistant bowl or a glass canning jar. Berries should be room temperature.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat, bring water, sweetener, brandy, and salt to a boil.
- Boil for a few minutes to drive off some of the alcohol, if desired.
- Pour boiling mixture over cranberries. Place a small plate or weight on top to keep berries submerged. All the berries should split after a few minutes. If any do not, drain off the liquid, reheat, and repeat the process.
- Let stand until room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight or 8 hours. Store in refrigerator or fill jars and process in a water bath as for canning.