Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies
Author: Low Carb Sensations
Recipe type: Dessert
- In a standing mixer, combine flour, salt and confectionery powder. Mix to combine.
- Add butter and vanilla.
- Continue mixing at low speed with paddle attachment.
- If mixture is holding together, stuck to the paddle and not crumbly, do not add any water. If it is crumble, add a teaspoon of water and mix again. Add additional teaspoon if necessary.
- Add in cranberries and orange zest, mix well.
- Place dough onto sheet of waxed paper, roll into log shape that is about 12 inches long and about 3 inches in diameter.
- Roll wax paper around log and refrigerate at least 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove dough from fridge.
- Slice into disks that are roughly ⅓ inch thick.
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper, space about an inch or two apart.
- Wrap unused portion of dough and return to fridge.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake until slightly golden around the edges, 13 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining dough.