- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons LC pie crust flour
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1.5 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ice cold water
- 1.5 tablespoon ice cold vodka (yes vodka…I find it makes the dough flakier so have been putting a dollop of it in since I saw this on a cooking show. It does evaporate during baking which is what leads to the flakier crust)
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp shortening
- Mix everything together in a mixer using the dough hook. The resulting dough is just a tad sticky but not so that you can’t knead it with your floured hands.
- Wrap dough in a plastic cloth and put in the fridge for about an hour.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces, roll each one separately and put in the empanada cutter.
- Fill with cheese, ham and cheese, or smoked salmon and cream cheese. All are great!
- Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes.