Fresh Fruit Pizza
Author: Courtesy George Stella's "Still Livin' Low Carb" cookbook
Recipe type: Breakfast, Dessert
- For the crust:
- 2-1/2 cups LC-Blanched Almond Meal Flour
- ½ cup LC-Natural Sweet White
- 8 Tablespoons butter, melted and warm
- For the cream cheese filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten until frothy
- ¼ cup LC-Natural Sweet White
- For the toppings:
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 12 inch pizza pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the crust ingredients, mixing well.
- While crust mixture is still warm from the butter, spoon it onto the lined pan and use a piece of plastic wrap to press it evenly over the bottom.
- Discard the wrap and bake crust for 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove and let cool 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling by whisking together all filling ingredients.
- Using a spatula, frost the cooled crust with the filling (like a cake). Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and decorate the warm pizza with the sliced fruit toppings, pushing each piece down slightly to stick.
- Chill pizza in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours (or the crust may not hold together) before slicing into 12 thin slices. The longer you chill the pizza, the better it will slice and hold together. George usually chills it overnight.
- Approximately 5g net carbs per serving.