- Category: Entree
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package sliced mixed mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cups chicken broth (for vegetarian version, use vegetable broth instead)
- 1–1/2 teaspoons LC-Thick’n Saucy
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme
- Melt two tablespoons of the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, salt and pepper, and saute until soft, around 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and saute until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add soy sauce and vinegar; simmer until evaporated, about 30 seconds.
- Add broth and boil until mixture is reduced by one-third, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the LC-Thick’n Saucy and thyme; simmer until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; swirl in remaining 2 tablespoons butter until melted.
- Serve warm.