Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Category: Dessert
- 1 cup LC-White Bread Flour
- 1/8 cup LC-Dutch Premium Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup LC-Natural Sweet White
- 10 drops LC-Natural Sweet Drops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup plus 1/8 cup chilled club soda
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plus 1/8 cup sour cream
- 1/8 cup shortening
- 1–1/4 teaspoon red food color
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put a pyrex bowl filled with water on the bottom rack of the oven to help with moistness.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, LC-Natural Sweet White, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- In another bowl, whip egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff peaks form and set aside.
- In a third small bowl, mix chilled club soda with egg yolks, softened shortening, vanilla, red food color and the LC-Natural Sweet Drops.
- Mix white vinegar with sour cream and add to the egg yolk mixture.
- Add egg yolk mixture to flour mixture, then fold in half of the egg white mixture, mixing thoroughly.
- Finally, fold in the second half of the egg white mixture gently using a chilled metallic spoon. Be careful not to break down egg whites.
- Spoon into six cupcake tins generously greased (can also use cupcake liners).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Check at the 10 minute mark. Once you notice that the cupcakes are done, remove from oven as over-baking tends to dry them out.
- Cool on a rack.
- To frost, prepare one bag of LC-Vanilla Frosting Mix as directed for making cream cheese frosting.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and enjoy!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.