Salted Caramel Pork Rind Cereal
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 ounce pork rinds (Utz brand works well in this recipe)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk (or Calorie Countdown)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon LC-Erythritol Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, if desired
- Break up the pork rinds into smaller pieces, resembling cereal a little bit more. Set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the butter. Cook down until it becomes browned.
- Remove from heat and add the heavy cream and erythritol. Stir continuously and return to the heat.
- The caramel mixture will start bubbling. Continue mixing it until the color you want is attained.
- Once the caramel comes together, add the pork rinds and mix them in. Make sure all pork rinds get coated.
- Transfer pork rinds to a container or onto foil and put in the fridge for 20-45 minutes so that the caramel will harden.
- Serve with milk and garnish with nuts and cinnamon if you’d like.
- Per serving: 512 calories, 47g fat, 2.5g carbs and 14g protein.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.