- Category: Main
- 2 tablespoons LC-Pan Bread Flour
- 1 teaspoon LC-Thick’n Saucy
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Dash of sesame oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat, cubed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons LC-Natural Sweet White
- 2–3 teaspoons LC-12x Concentrated Sweetener
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chile paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1–2 teaspoons LC-Thick’n Saucy
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 quart canola oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Sift flour, LC-Thick’n Saucy, baking soda and baking powder into a bowl.
- Pour in low sodium soy sauce, sherry, 2 tablespoons water, olive oil and a dash of sesame oil. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in chicken, mix until coated with the batter, then cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes (or overnight).
- Bring chicken broth, LC-Sweet, vinegar, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, chile paste and garlic to a boil in a saucepan over high heat.
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon LC-Thick’n Saucy into 1/2 cup water, and stir into boiling sauce.
- Simmer until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes. If not thick enough, add the second teaspoon of LC-Thick’n Saucy). Reduce heat to low and keep sauce warm.
- Heat canola oil in a deep fryer or large saucepan to a temperature of 375 degrees.
- Drop in the battered chicken pieces, a few at a time, and fry until they turn golden brown and float to the top of the oil, 3-4 minutes.
- Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- To serve, place fried chicken pieces onto a serving platter and pour the hot sauce over the top. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds to garnish.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.