This is a wonderful recipe. I hope you'll try it and not let the cayenne pepper scare you away. Trust me, you'll like it!
Spiced Cranberry Sauce
Author: Adapted from Ginny's Low Carb Kitchen
Recipe type: Side Dish
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 1-1/4 cups LC-Natural Sweet White
- ½ cup Davinci Sugar-free Syrup -- Raspberry flavor
- 12 ounces cranberries (1 bag fresh)
- 1 tablespoon orange extract (or 2 tablespoons zest of an orange)
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper (Trust me! Don't skip it!)
- In the bottom of a medium pot, combine wine and sweeteners.
- Bring to a simmer and add cranberries.
- Bring again to simmer, and add the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer approximately 10 minutes or until all cranberries are popped and soft.
- Remove from heat, add 2 to 4 ice cubes. Stir until melted and let cool. Or you can add ¼ cup cold water instead of ice cubes.