Wheat-Free Pumpkin Pie
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Crust: 1-1/4 cups ground walnuts (or pecans or almonds)
- 1/4 cup LC-Golden Milled Flax
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon LC-Dutch Premium Cocoa Powder
- 1 large egg
- 4 ounces butter or coconut oil, melted
- Pie Filling: 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1–1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup LC-Natural Sweet White
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground walnuts, flax, cinnamon and cocoa powder.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and add butter or coconut oil.
- Pour liquid mix into dry mix and blend thoroughly by hand.
- Grease a 9 inch pie pan with coconut or other oil.
- Transfer mix to the pie pan and spread evenly along bottom and up sides. If mixture is too thin, place in refrigerator for several minutes to thicken. For ease of spreading, use a large metal spoon heated under running hot water. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine pumpkin, cream cheese, eggs, coconut milk and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly by hand.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and sweetener, and continue to blend by hand.
- Pour pumpkin mix into pie crust. Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick or knife withdraws nearly dry.
- Optionally, sprinkle additional nutmeg and/or cinnamon, top with whipped cream or whipped coconut milk.