The Importance of Protein
Protein plays an important role in your body. It helps with muscle repair and growth; maintaining healthy skin, hair and nails; and it can assist with weight loss by controlling your appetite. If you’re following a ketogenic diet, you need to get a good amount of protein and healthy fat from the foods you eat. You will also want to drastically limit your carbohydrate intake on a keto diet.
You’ll want to start by determining your recommended protein intake on keto. Typically, you need between 90 and 140g of protein minimum, depending on your height. You can reference these guidelines from Diet Doctor to help get you started.
In addition to consuming eggs, meat and cheese, you can also try a variety of high protein, low carb products from LC Foods to mix it up. All of our products are high in protein and support a ketogenic diet! We use a protein isolated flour in our fresh baked goods and mixes.
Don’t miss out on your favorite foods when following a keto diet. Discover a variety of foods that will help you reach your macro goals while not compromising on taste!
Here are 10 delicious and nutritious protein sources for a keto diet:
- Bagels. Yes, you can eat bagels on keto! We offer a variety of 11 freshly baked, low carb NY style bagels that are high in protein and fiber. From plain to everything and even jalapeño cheddar, we have a flavor that you are sure to love! Add a hearty scoop of cream cheese for an extra boost of fat to support your keto diet plan. Or enjoy a sandwich with your favorite deli meats and cheeses on one of our low carb bagels for lunch!
- Biscuits. Try our fresh baked biscuits and biscuit mixes. Both are high in fat and protein. Perfect for a breakfast sandwich or a snack that packs a keto punch! Don’t miss this recipe for Low Carb Cheesy Bacon Angel Rolls.
- Pretzel Bites. This traditional snack food is now low carb, keto and diabetic friendly! Snack on soft, low carb pretzel bites straight from the bag or dip them in melted cheese or your favorite keto dip for an extra boost of fat. Low carb soft pretzel bites are perfect for game day, movie night and more!
- Cheezy Curls. Our cheezy curls are made from whey protein. Combined with cheddar cheese, this snack packs a healthy dose of protein and fat! Snack on them right from the bag or enjoy them alongside your lunch.
- Milk. Our low carb milk mix is real dairy milk, high in protein, low in carbs. Mix it with water and heavy cream for a keto friendly milk option that’s not made from plants.
- High Protein Pasta. Available in 4 varieties, our low carb pasta is made from organic, non-GMO soy beans. Make an easy and quick dinner with spaghetti, fettuccine, egg noodles or buttery noodles – all high protein and low carb! Check out a variety of recipes using our low carb pasta here.
- Blueberry Scones. Made with our high protein flour, these blueberry scones are perfect for a keto breakfast option. Bursting with blueberries and delicious flavor. Pair them with a glass of our low carb milk for a new breakfast option.
- English Muffins. Another great keto breakfast option! Our low carb, high protein English Muffins toast up nicely and provide a healthier option than the traditional version. Make a childhood favorite: English muffin pizzas for a hearty snack or lunch!
- Pizza. Choose your favorite pizza crust style: Thick Crust, Thin Crust, Personal Size Pizza Shells. All high protein, high fat and keto friendly! Try our recipe for low carb pizza sauce, and then pile high with your favorite pizza toppings and cheese. Yum!
- Cookies. Large, fresh baked cookies are convenient for snacking! Available in three fantastic flavors: Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies, Low Carb Coconut Chew Cookies, Low Carb Snickerdoodle Cookies. Dunk them in a cold glass of low carb milk and enjoy a favorite treat!
You can’t go wrong with this list of delicious and nutritious protein sources for a keto diet! There is truly something for everyone on this list. Options for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even snack time are represented. From high protein breads to snack foods, we’ve got you covered. Support for your keto diet is just a click away!
Sources: Diet Doctor
LC Foods: Your One-Stop Shop for All Things Keto and Low Carb
LC Foods is your one-stop shop for all things low carb, keto, paleo, and diabetic-friendly. Whether you’re looking for low carb snacks, breads, desserts, or even low carb pasta like Keto noodles and low carb noodles, we have it all. With a wide variety of products and recipes, you can easily find something that fits your diet needs.