- Category: Snack
- 1 1/2 cups (about 6 ounces) grated extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup LC pan bread flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I like them hot, adjust for your own taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Coleman’s dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 – 2 tablespoons half-and-half or cream
- ***Vegans may substitute their favorite replacements for dairy products
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, combine the cheese, butter, flour, salt, cayenne pepper and garlic in five 5-second pulses until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the half-and-half and process until the dough forms a ball, about 10 seconds.
- Roll dough into a log cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Using a serrated knife, slice the log into 1/8-inch rounds. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving about 1 inch between them. Sprinkle them with paprika.
- Bake the cheese pennies in a preheated 350°F oven for 14 -16 minutes, or until they brown. Remove them from the oven, and allow them to cool on the pan for several minutes before transferring them to racks to cool completely.
- If they are not crispy enough (you sliced them too thick) return to oven at set at 300 degrees for an additional 5 minutes flip and bake 3 to 5 more minutes. Watch closely or they will burn.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.