- Category: Main
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110–115 degrees), divided
- 4 tablespoons LC-Natural Sweet White
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups LC-White Bread Flour
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- Poppy and/or sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water.
- Add 1 tablespoon sugar; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the oil, salt, remaining warm water and sugar, and 4 cups flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 16 pieces.
- Shape each into a ball.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Beat egg white and cold water. Brush over rolls. Sprinkle with poppy and/or sesame seeds. With scissors, cut a 1/4 inch deep cross on tops of rolls.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.